Many Inventors attempting to ship their product ideas to market are fully crushed by rejection. So, I assumed I’d provide a list of some of the causes you may presumably have gotten rejected. It does not cowl every trigger you may presumably get rejected, nonetheless hopefully it gives you one factor to contemplate.
You will need to discover that inventing is actually a numbers recreation! Certain, you proceed to must have an excellent suggestion nonetheless you will uncover that no matter how good an thought likelihood is you will assume it is you presumably can nonetheless get rejected. Many marketable ideas are rejected regularly. Even when it does not make sense to you that they could reject an idea that they agree might be worthwhile. Listed beneath are some frequent reason even marketable ideas are rejected.
1. The company might already have a full line of merchandise and by no means wanting in order so as to add further.
2. The product is outdoor their aim market.
3. You despatched your submission to the improper explicit individual throughout the agency – don’t assume they’ll robotically ship it to the suitable one.
4. You despatched the thought unsolicited with out contacting the company first to hunt out out their submission protection, they often rejected it solely on that basis.
5. You did not have appropriate contact data in your submission. (That’s among the many highest errors Inventors make. The company will not be going to hassle to hint you down.)
6. They’ve too many comparable merchandise and that market is flooded ample.
7. Your thought appeals to a very small space of curiosity market they often want mass market objects.
8. The charge to manufacture versus the return on funding is just too extreme.
9. Your product sales sheet did not WOW them and lacked shopper benefits data or was overloaded with an extreme quantity of information to type by.
10. Your product has already been patented by one other individual they often don’t have to see if they’ll go spherical it or risk infringement factors.
11. Your product or thought will not be larger than what’s already obtainable available on the market. This tells them you did not evaluation your thought very correctly and do not need a clue who your opponents is on the market.
12. You despatched a product that is exactly like their current product and that current product is a marginal vendor. So yours will not be going to fare any larger.
13. Your thought is outdated or is on the downswing in distinction to what’s coming out the subsequent yr.
14. They already have a higher decision than yours throughout the works for launch that coming yr. (That’s moreover the place Inventors might scream the company stole their thought even when the company has already invested in molds, engineering, samples, and lots of others earlier to the Inventor contacting the company about their thought. This happens reasonably lots. Inventors overlook that they aren’t the one ones inventing.)
15. They’ve already acquired the identical thought from one different Inventor and are in negotiations with that Inventor.
16. You could have posted your thought unprotected on-line in a sort of invention posting web sites the place others vote in your product to see if there’s curiosity. Your public disclosure makes the company concerned whether or not or not any patent security might be allowed and turns it down primarily based totally on that downside.
17. You posted your unprotected thought and video of the working prototype on YouTube and have a wide selection of hits. This as soon as extra raises the precedence whether or not or not any patent might be potential due to your public disclosure.
18. You stated that you have an issued patent, nonetheless as soon as they do a quick search in your patent they see that it has lapsed due to non-payment of fees and it has been lapsed significantly earlier the due date. Making the chances of it being reinstated unlikely.
19. You could have a patent, however it was poorly written and does not cowl the exact product. (This happens reasonably lots)
20. You could have a design patent and designing spherical your patent is a straightforward course of, which suggests they’ll rely on little or no security throughout the market.
21. Typically the company you could have approached merely wouldn’t check out outdoor ideas and does not publicize that actuality. So that you just get a rejection letter, however it might not make clear they solely don’t look outdoor the company.
22. You despatched them your product nonetheless they’ve already chosen their line for that yr or the subsequent yr and are not open to taking on something in the meanwhile.
23. They solely ponder objects with a product sales historic previous they’ll evaluation and your merchandise has on no account been in manufacturing or provided outlets or on-line. So that they needn’t take the possibility of being the first agency to advertise.
As I stated above these are just a few of the reasons you presumably can have your thought/product rejected by a company. Truly take the time to do your evaluation and understand your market, your own home in that market and do your half to make your self as marketable as potential.